Wall Mounting a new Sony KDL W6/W7/W8/W9 Series TV
Sony has continued to release a range of TV's that do not have the standard VESA wall fixings on the rear and can cause problems when wall mounting. These new TV's can be identified by their model number. Any Sony screen containing W6, W7, W8 or W9 in the model number are affected.
We have come up with a solution that will allow customers to mount these Sony TV's with the wide range of the TV Wall Brackets that we sell on this website. There is also an installation pdf specifically for this range of TV's and using them with wall brackets. Click here to view this PDF
If you are uncertain about whether you need this bolt kit for your TV, or which mounting bracket to buy for your screen, then just call us on 01623 672070 or email us with your TV Model number. You can also check compatibility online using our Flat Screen Fitter
If you already have a wall bracket or you want to order bracket from another manufacturer on our website then you can order the Sony Adaptor Kit here.
Update 02-04-14 - We have managed to clarify which of the 2013 and 2014 Sony Screens are affected by this issue.
Sony 2013 W series all end with an ‘A’… Sony 2014 W series all end with a ‘B’ (there were no W7xx models in 2013)
- W6xx A models all need the service kit
- W8xx A models do not need the service kit
- W6xx B models do not need the service kit
- W7xx B models all need the service kit
- W8xx B models all need the service kit
- The W9 range seems to have the same issue as the models above, but we do not have model specific information. If you have a W9 and are unable to mount it on a wall bracket then this kit will solve the problem.
- The Sony Wxxx C Models do not require the adaptor kit. Sony have supplied a similar kit which should be in the TV box.
- Jonathan Kings